Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Nice Truck, Needs Work

 


This truck was parked on Amy & Gus' street the whole time we were in Venice.  It is a cool old truck - a Chevrolet, it said on the back. But I have no idea what year it is.  Perhaps the motorheeads out there will be able to let us know what year this truck is.  It would be fun to see it fixed up, and painted just a little brighter yellow.  How cool would this be to see it all shiny and new.  Of course, THAT would be a lot of work!  By the way, notice the cottage in the background.  A classic cottage in beautiful condition.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool old truck. Nice cottage! betsey

ken schwarz said...

Just because I enjoy going from 0-60 in less than 4 seconds that doesn't make me a motor head! Without any research, I guessed your truck to be an early 1960's era pickup. Chevy built this C-10 body style for model years 1960 thru 1966. By color, I narrowed it down to the following:

1960 Golden Yellow
1961 Flaxen Yellow
1965 Light Yellow

I'm gonna pick the middle tone "Flaxen Yellow". But if you plan to make an offer to buy it, I suggest you repaint the the truck with it's original paint code, which can be traced by the VIN Number.

ken schwarz said...

By the way, you should plan on spending north of $40,000 for a full restoration.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ken Schwartz for estimating year. I had a 1965 Chevrolet pick up truck but I remember the bed being shorter than this. It was a wood bed in the truck. I had a two year old I took to a neighbor for day care in the front seat 45 years ago with no seat belts. I would be arrested today!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Primo! Thanks for your knowledge and your research! I graduated from High School in 1960. I think this truck is so much more sensible than the high end monster pickup trucks that are being sold for, or instance a 2021 F-150 LIMITED Starting at $73,105. Yikes!

ken schwarz said...

Joan, I looked up your 1965 Chevy Pickup Truck. It was the "Side Step" model. Do you still have it tucked away in a barn somewhere?

Anonymous said...

Ken Schwarz, I sure do wish I still had that dark green truck. It was fun to drive.
Joan