Wednesday, May 13, 2020

A Visit to the Nursery


Kathy wanted to get some flowers to plant in her gardens.  Not a lot, but just a couple of flats to add some color.  So we went out to Schmitts Nursery about 20 miles away.  I get bored shopping at a place like this - we have been here before because their plants are beautiful and their prices are great - so I always bring my camera and walk around looking for pictures while Kathy shops.  I saw this scene and it stopped me in my tracks!  In the foreground are Coleus, then the brilliant Celosia, and in the background are Ageratum.  Seeing this made my day, and being around flowers lifted my spirits.  There were a fair number of people here but it is a huge place, and everyone was wearing their masks and keeping 6 feet away, which made the visit feel safer.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors and you know all the names of the flowers! :-) Spring flowers make me happy and the hope of new beginnings. I haven't gone yet because of the cooler temperatures and wild windy weather. Maybe next week.
Joan

Anonymous said...

A beautiful colorful photo. It looks like a snippet from a Monet painting of his garden. Very pretty. Trace

Anonymous said...

This wonderful photo just became my new desktop photo. Gorgeous! Fantastic colors which make me feel happy :-) betsey

Sharon said...

Your own personal rainbow.(kind of)

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. It is amazing what the sight of flowers and growing things can do for our spirits.