Sunday, May 24, 2020

Alien Abduction


One of the comments from yesterday's post was that the photograph was surreal looking.  I am using the same technique in this photograph - the infrared image without converting it to straight black & white.  The infrared sensor is very susceptable to any kind of lens flare - more so than a full color image. I was just doing snapshots of people walking by the harbor to see if I could get an interesting composition.  I was unaware of the lens flare.  I love this crazy photograph!  It looks like an alien spaceship hovering over people about to abduct them, right?  OK, so I have an overactive imagination.   :-)  Be sure to click on it to enlarge the image, it is better with more detail.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved comment from Ken Schwartz transitioning from real to surreal. Perfect description and now the aliens are about to land. Fun photo.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

I am a bit bummed that you did not take a followup photo a couple seconds later after the people in the scene had been sucked up into the alien spacecraft!

Ken Spencer said...

Man, what kind of news photographer am I that I don't get the actual abduction!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Love your post about the alien spaceship...betsey