Tuesday, May 26, 2020

No Dunkin' Donuts, Week 11


Wow, week 11 of the stay at home order.  That's a long time!  Sorry to bore you with this project, with me looking out the car window each week.  I do consider it a creative challenge, though.  So today, when I looked out the windshield, I saw this tree, and a favorite Robert Frost poem came to mind: 

TREE AT MY WINDOW
Tree at my window, window tree,
My sash is lowered when night come on;
But let there never be curtain drawn
Between you and me.

Vague dream-head lifted out of the ground,
And the thing next most diffuse to cloud,
Not all your light tongues talking aloud
Could be profound

But tree, I have seen you taken and tossed,
And if you have seen me when I slept,
You have seen me when I was taken and swept
And all but lost.

That day she put our heads together,
Fate had her imagination about her,
Your head so much concerned with outer,
Mine with inner, weather.


2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

If I only had time to grab one book of poetry from a burning building, it would be a book of poems by Robert Frost! Very soothing words from Mr. Frost and a very soothing setting for enjoying coffee and tea near a tree by the sea!

Ken Spencer said...

Primo: Thanks for your nice comment. Last night I typed that quote from a paperback copy of Robert Frost poems I bought in 1964 when I was still a senior at RIT. As I turned the pages, the paperback, much yellowed, started to fall apart with some pages falling out. Not to worry, I have a modern hardback copy of his poems, but this paperback still has a great deal of sentimental value to it, as you can imagine.