Wednesday, May 6, 2020

The Magnificent Dandelion!


So I am doing my walk, in an on and off drizzle, looking for something to photograph, and I happen to notice a single Dandelion all in white, in the grass next to the sidewalk.  I kept walking.  A Dandelion.  Who cares.  About 30 feet later, I turned around, walked back, and used my telephoto lens to zoom in for a close-up of the top of it.  I could not believe my eyes!  What was I thinking, walking by this magnificent miracle of nature?  Look at the delicate structure.  It is an engineering marvel the way it is constructed, and so delicate and light, that when a wind comes along, all of these little white broom-like structures, because they are so light, will take flight and another Dandelion will take root somewhere.  You MUST click on the image to see it in more detail!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Intricate flower and great photo. What I love best is the way your described the life of a dandelion. Thanks
Joan

Anonymous said...

Magnificent, indeed. It is so delicate. I love your photo! Glad you went back...betsey