Saturday, May 2, 2020

After Abbey Road

                           

Do you remember the Abbey Road Beatles album?  On the cover, the four Beatles are crossing the road, in a crosswalk, marching in perfect step.  I was reminded of that while on my walk when I saw four women on the opposite side of the road in a line.  So I quickly zoomed in on them to get a shot.  Unfortunately, one of the women was hanging back talking on her phone, so this didn't work.  So I continued to walk opposite them hoping they would get in synch once more, but it wasn't looking good.  Then they crossed the street and were walking on the sidewalk side, so I switched to the opposite side of the road and looked for an opportunity to get a good shot of them together.  They were back together as a group, and what I needed was a light background, because they were all wearing black.  I spied this fence which I walk by every day and aimed the camera at the spot where water was the background, and as they walked through this spot quickly shot two frames!  Well, it's not perfect, because they are not in single file, but it is as close as I could get, and they are in step with each other!  Just a fun project on my daily walk!


And in case you are not familiar with the original shot, here is what it looks like.


4 comments:

Ron said...

Oh! Darling, this shot did Come Together!? There is Something about the way you Carry That Weight when looking for a photo. Because you are the best, The End.

Anonymous said...

Oh the lengths you will go to get your shot!! Wonderful. And fun! Yes, the iconic Abbey Road Beatles album - perfect...betsey

Anonymous said...

Persistence to bring us A Picture Each Day or 2 or 3. Fun photos.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for the applause! I work for applause! :-)