Thursday, September 17, 2020

As Fall Comes On...


As fall comes on, I like sitting back and seeing what I accomplished taking care of things around here.  Like the lawn.  I worked like a dog all spring and summer, getting it to look great.  And it shows, right?  Look how rich and thick and green the lawn is!  This lawn is so good, that if a grass seed company were to drive by, and see this, my lawn would be shown on their bags of grass seed!  That's what I get for all my hard work, and it feels great!  The satisfaction for hard work.  I love what you can see with a drone, it reveals everything!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you leave a few bare patches so that the green grass really stands out? :-)
Flowers look very pretty.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Do not beat yourself up over your lawn! Photos of weed-free lush-green grass shown on bags of grass seed have been Photoshopped!

Ken Spencer said...

Primo: Yeah, maybe, but EVERY lawn on Laurel Avenue looks like the pictures on the bags of grass seed! :-)

ken schwarz said...

Well then, your best option is to hire a landscape contractor who can aggressively till your entire yard, remove all stones, rocks, roots, etc. and then add rich top soil and top off with fresh new sod. And while you at it, have the guy put in an irrigation system.

Ken Spencer said...

Primo: My lawn is not that important to me, that I would pay all that money to have a perfect lawn. I could buy a lot of toys with the money I would save by not hiring the landscape contractor... :-)