Saturday, September 26, 2020

Sunflowers!


One of Kathy's clients sent her a bouquet of these small sunflowers while she was in Los Angeles.  So I found the biggest thing I could use as a vase, which happened to be a glass pitcher you would serve punch in, in the summertime.  I put water in the vase, and the weight of the water seemed heavy enough so the weight of the flowers wouldn't turn the my vase over.  So they have been sitting here on the glass-topped table, brightening our back room.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty sunflowers and very clever using a pitcher, but what about the pitcher to the right of the flowers? Love painting on the wall. Makes me thing of Guilford.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

The pitcher on the right is one I bought on our family trip to France back in 2006. It is a "low fired" vase, so very delicate. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it and had to have it. I have used it in at least one photograph that I have posted on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Very smart of you to use a pitcher as sunflowers are top heavy. And not only do sunflowers look pretty but they symbolize unwavering faith and unconditional love :-) betsey