Monday, September 21, 2020

Guess What This Is...


OK, a guessing game.  Who wants to be the first one to guess what this is a photograph of?  What are these circles?  And how big are they?  Have I been flying and doing aerial photographs again?  Is this some decorative material that you can buy at Home Depot and apply to your walls, if you want to have a really modern house.  OK, a clue.  This is Monday night.  I took this picture, yesterday, Sunday.  Do you know what Sunday is in our house?  Right!  Pasta night, just like Tuesday morning is donut morning!  Any guesses yet?  OK, in our house there is a division of labor.  Kathy makes the pasta sauce most Sundays, and I cook the pasta.  Is that a clue?   OK, so I was heating a pot of water for the pasta, in a non-stick pot, which has that dark gray surface inside it.  I happened to look down into the pot to see if it was boiling yet, and I noticed hundreds of tiny bubbles starting to form on the bottom of the pot.  They were not starting to rise up in the water yet, and the water was clear because of this, so I grabbed my Nikon with the Micro-Nikkor close up lens.  You are looking through a whole pot of water, at the tiny air bubbles on the bottom of the pot!  Is this amazing, or what!  Who got this right?



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would never have guessed in a million tries!! Very cool, though. I can only imagine the looks from Kathy when you're in the kitchen :-) betsey

ken schwarz said...

I agree with your sister, Betsey. I would never have been able to guess what I was looking at. Oops, I don't think a preposition belongs at the end of a sentence! I used used to be pretty good with the English language. Any school teachers out there to confirm?

Ken Spencer said...

"Never end a sentence with a preposition..." Not to worry, I do it all the time. I walk into a bar somewhere and say "Can you tell me where the bathroom's at?" :-)