Saturday, September 19, 2020

I Gave Up!


So after two days struggling with troubleshooting the old cultivator, I decided to give up.  The place where I buy equipment said it would take 10 days for them to repair it.  So I bought a brand new, shiny orange ECHO cultivator!  It comes highly recommended, and after using it for two days, I love it.  And it starts easily, as well!  I am a happy camper!


So yesterday I worked on a patch of bare lawn and the machine dug down about 5 inches, turning up the soil.  Then I raked over all the dirt until it was level again, and then I spread two bags of what they call "topsoil" over the ground - you can see that it is black in color.


Then I raked it all together, and sprinkled starter fertilizer on top, and then I spread grass seed on top of that and raked that all together, and watered it.  And this is the result.  Then this morning I did another whole patch of bare lawn in the same way.  Whew!  I still have more to go, but it's a start.  Now I wait for the seed to germinate.  I hope it warms up a bit so the seed will germinate.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice new toy that you deserved after 40 years with Sears machine. You have put a lot of work into your lawn. I hope it warms up so the grass grows and you see some results this Fall. It was only 45 when I awoke this morning. Had to close my windows. It is supposed to warm next week.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Glad to read that you bought a new cultivator. After 40 years, I think you got your moneys worth. Lot of work to seed your lawn but hope it works! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Sometimes I think that growing a lawn is a fool's errand! :-)