Thursday, September 10, 2020

Beautiful Steel Gray Sky



I was doing my usual bike ride today, and when I was on the home stretch, riding alongside the harbor, I saw all these beautiful gray clouds in the sky.  There is something about the perfect gray color of the sky when it is like this that really touches me.  So I stopped riding and went across the street.  Unfortunately I don't bring a camera with me on the ride any longer - I worry that all the vibration will shorten the life of the camera.  But I always carry my iPhone with me, and that's what I used for this photograph.  So I took this photograph first, and while I was standing there, I noticed a woman come into the frame from the right, riding her bicycle on the sidewalk.  I snapped several photographs as she moved through the frame, and the one below is the last shot I got.  I REALLY love the shot below, because it is different and unexpected, and an unusual composition with the woman and her bike going out of the frame.  So this shot below is my favorite, as a photograph, but the shot above is much better for showing you the beauty of the clouds.  So that's why I posted both.  It is a 2 for the price of 1 day for you all!


 

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

The second shot is definitely the winner! You got your Beautiful Steel Gray Sky and the bonus of having a women cruising into your field of view just at the right time. I like that the bike is at the extreme edge of the scene but would be a bit curious to see the previous frame which, I assume, included the entire front wheel. I think, however, that the frame you posted is probably the most dynamic of the series.