Friday, September 25, 2020

The Apples Fell Down But The Roof Stayed Up!


My favorite pie is blueberry pie, and lately I love a variant of that which Kathy makes - blueberry apple pie!  For some reason, several days ago I asked Kathy if she could make an apple pie.  I have no idea why I asked for just apple, but I did.  So Kathy made one in a flash.  After it came out of the oven she warned me that the crust was up in the air but that the apples had settled and there would be a space under the crust.  After I cut our two pieces for the evening's dessert, I could see all the air space above the apples, and I thought it was funny and it made me smile.  And the pie made my tummy feel good!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your caption! I can smell Kath's wonderful pie. I have apples on my counter and was going to make apple cake. Now I am undecided. Hmm
Joan

Anonymous said...

Love the title of this! Looks like a little cave of apple goodness. Kathy's pie looks beautiful. Wish I could taste it...betsey