Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Scanning History 1


So this is one of the black & white negatives that I thought that I had lost forever.  It was in a folder titled "important negatives."  I am so glad I found those negatives!  I can't remember what year I took this photograph, but it was in the early days at Newsday because I was shooting black & white.  There was a huge snowstorm, and so I went out to the airport and was told to fly around (with an instructor pilot) and look for photographs showing the effects of the storm.  I cannot remember any other shot I took that day, but this was a keeper!  I remember the feeling of circling the tree and watching the shadow and the line of the fence, and then at THIS moment, I clicked the shutter and too, one of my all-time favorite photographs.  I am sure glad I got that Nikon scanner working again!

4 comments:

Ron said...

That would look so great blown up and framed, hung on one of my walls! What a beautiful photo

Anonymous said...

Love this photo. I have seen this before and thought you used this one for a Christmas card, but I got out your cards and in 1987 you had a photo with many trees with shadows. You can frame this for Ron after you frame my lighthouse. :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I would have sworn that this was a Christmas card from years ago. Oops! Guess not as Joan went through hers. (I would have checked through mine). I do like this photo. Simple. Perfect. I'm glad you found your scanner, too :-) betsey

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing photograph. So beautiful! Trace