Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The Visitor


I saw this yacht anchored a bit north from where Laurel Avenue meets the water, in Hempstead harbor.  Boats are not usually moored this close to shore and I realized that I didn't recognize this craft.  It is a relatively large catamaran, and it was here for about 3 days.  I did make a note to photograph it when the wind and the light were right.  I could see the name of the boat on both the sail cover on the boom, and on the bow.  It is called "Scenic Route" and I guess that's true.  You don't use a sailboat to get somewhere in a hurry!  I have no idea where she is from and after three days, the spot where it was anchored was empty.  It's called "cruising" and you sail from harbor to harbor and anchor for a night or three, and then continue on your way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the life of luxury on the water. I love the name of this catamaran. Nice Photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I also like the name of the catamaran. Nice way to cruise around different areas. betsey

ken schwarz said...

I'm late offering a comment on this photo. "Scenic Route" could indeed be on a slow cruise from harbor to harbor along Long Island sound or other East coast ports, but this is the time of the year when many sailboats begin leaving the Northeast to winter in Florida or the islands. So "Scenic Route" could be just resting up and taking on fuel, water and provisions for the trip South! It would be interesting to know the hailing port of this vessel.