Friday, June 2, 2023

107th Infantry Memorial


I have done a post about this memorial before.  If you would like to know more about it, you can read more details about it here: 107th Infantry Memorial.  I pass this memorial every time I walk the 23 city blocks from 59th street up to the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 82nd Street. Yesterday when I passed I was surprised to see the floral wreaths placed at the memorial.  We have just had Memorial Day and I don't know why I was surprised to see these wreaths, but I was, and then I was really pleased that with all the memorials in Manhattan,  organizations took the time to decorate them with flowers.  Such an important tribute all these years later.  This sculpture was placed here in 1927, the year Charles Lindbergh flew the Atlantic!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An impressive Memorial and yet bone chilling to see the soldiers faces, hands and wounded. This photo shows the large size and nicely decorated.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The memorial is moving, these sons and daughters of America who defended us so we could be free. The flowers are beautiful. Very nice photo. Trace

Anonymous said...

I bet a lot more people stopped to look at this amazing sculpture because of the flower wreaths in front. Betsey