Saturday, June 24, 2023

Trying to Save a Photo


I am trying to save a picture, but it's not working!  We are home now but I have a ton of photographs that I have taken and I will be posting some.  This is a photo from the day we drove up to Big Bear Lake.  The scenery was simply astounding.  So we stopped at a turnout or two and I tried to take a photograph of these spectacular mountains with the snow covered peak in the distance.  I felt like I didn't quite have it.  This seems to be close, but there is something missing.  Maybe a really interesting foreground object would have helped.


So I tried converting the image to black and white to see if it would be a better photograph.  It's different, but I don't think that suddenly it is more interesting than the color version.  I am guessing that if you choose to vote, you would pick the color version right?

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the colored version much better. It is absolutely beautiful! It is true that the snow-covered mountains are more in the background, but the photo is a stunning capture of the mountains' topography and landscape. Trace

Anonymous said...

Definitely the color version. It shows so much depth in the mountains.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I prefer the color version because it’s easier to see the varied heights of the mountains. It’s really a striking photo! Betsey