Monday, June 19, 2023

Father's Day


I was having my coffee out on the deck this morning when Amy and Vivian came out and said they were going to do a Father's Day Dance!  I said "Wait, I need to get my camera!"  So I did and here is a photograph of their dance!  A great way to start the day.


Here is a photograph from the day before, taken by Liz.  She and Amy and Sarah and I did a hike on a trail known as Castle Rock Trail.  It is only 1.2 miles one way, but the elevation rise is 500 feet!  It felt more like a 1,000 food climb.  It was strenuous but I kept up with the three of them and it was a great hike to the top!


And here is a portrait of the four of us, taken by another hiker who came down the trail after us.  We asked if he could do the shot, and what's funny is that his partner stopped out of the way of the photo, but still ended up in the photograph!  It was so nice of him to take the photograph and we had a nice chat with them both.  So the second two photographs are not ON Father's Day, but they seem to be a lot about what Father's Day is all about.  I love hanging out with my girls!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great family photo on the mountain! Scenery and weather look great. Cute photo of Vivian and Amy. Glad you were able to celebrate Father's Day together and doing such a fun activity too! Trace

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos, but I got dizzy thinking of you climbing up so high and standing on the rock. Hope you enjoyed a special Father's Day with your girls.
Joan

Linda said...

Great images for memories. I love hiking photos and it's always so nice when someone comes along who's willing to grab a group shot for you. Seems like it was a great day for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Cute photo of Amy & Vivian. I miss seeing their pictures on Instagram so this is fun. Your hike with the girls sounds tough but you have strong legs from bike riding. Good for you! Love the shot of you against the rock wall. I’m happy that a hiker took the pic of all of you. Great memories of Father’s Day. Betsey