Wednesday, June 28, 2023

The Japanese Garden


So this is a photograph of part of the Japanese Garden at the Huntington.  The arched bridge to the left of center in the middle of the photograph is where the ladies were seated.  And the Koi pond is under the bridge.  It is such a beautiful garden.


Behind where I was standing on the top of the slope coming up from the bridge and ponds, above, is a complete traditional Japanese House.  You can walk around the outside and gaze into some of the rooms.  It is quite beautiful, but where would I put my book cases and all my books?  And my table saw and drill press and my cameras and lighting equipment?  Beautiful to look at but not a place I could live.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gardens are so beautiful and calming. I imagine they are manicured daily. I laughed at your comment on the house. I don't have saws or drill presses or lighting equipment to store, but this home is not warm and welcoming.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Did not expect the Japanese garden to be so large. Must have been wonderful to walk around all the levels they have created. The traditional Japanese house is so different from what we consider comfortable. We didn’t grow up sitting or kneeling on the floor or thin cushions. Plus, there are few possessions. Such a different and extraordinary culture. Betsey