Thursday, June 8, 2023

Not Quite


After photographing the smoke and haze from the fires yesterday out at MacArthur airport, I continued on my way home.  As I got off the Long Island Expressway and headed up route 107, a scene like this flashed by on the right.  So I got to the next intersection and pulled on to a smaller road and parked.  This is the Tam O'Shanter Country Club.  So I walked around this corner of the club and photographed over the fences and through the trees from two different roads.  I think there are some atmospheric things going on that are sort of OK, but the photographs are not as strong as I would have hoped.


I was actually hoping for more of the smoke and haze to separate the trees in the distance, from those close up.  I took a whole bunch of photographs - I must have been walking around the edges for half an hour at least, but I don't think I came up with any exceptional photographs. But that's OK, sometimes there are subjects like that where not everything falls into place.


When I caught that view flashing by, I had hopes that there would be one really great photograph somewhere on the golf course, that would knock everyone's socks off.  And that was not to be, but that's O.K.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely ground to walk around and feel peaceful. The middle photo of a sparse tree has me wondering what kind of tree it is. Reminds me a little of a whipping willow but the leaves don't quite seem right. Do you know?
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

It does look like a Weeping willow, but a scraggy one. Perhaps it is quite old. It has the characteristics, but it has so few branches hanging down that you can see right through it, and that is unusual for this type of tree, if it is a Weeping willow.