Thursday, June 4, 2020

Into the Woods


Back to the infrared camera, on one of my walks.  This looks like a lovely woods to walk in, but you can't.  This property is surrounded by a chain link fence and has been for years.  There are two sites next to each other and years ago, one of the sites was covered with a clay "cap" because long ago it had a coal gas plant on it, and that resulted in pollution of the ground, which is not good because these properties go right to the harbor.  So this property sits here looking mysterious, which I love, but no one goes there.  There must be something wrong with it, however, or it seems that it would have been sold before this, maybe even for condos on the water.  Rather than convert the original infrared image to black & white, I decided that I loved the light blue tint to it, so left it that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad that these woods are off limits because of ground contamination. Great photo, but I expected a Robert Frost poem to follow.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I like these infrared photos. Looks like you are walking into strange woodlands. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Joan: I will come up with an appropriate Robert Frost poem to go with this photograph. Give me a day, please... :-)