Monday, June 15, 2020

Just Because it is Pretty


So this is a follow up to my post yesterday, of me in my drone pilot uniform!  After I photographed the side yard, I flew the drone up to it's maximum legal altitude, which is 400 feet.  what is surprising is how much the drone can see from that altitude.  This picture was taken with the drone still up directly over my side yard, believe it or not.  When I am in an airplane, I am limited to 1000 feet over a populated area.  So 400 feet is a good choice for aerial photographs, even though it is lower  I was so surprised at how beautiful the harbor and Long Island Sound looked on a clear day with a brilliant blue sky.  It's the clouds in the distance that make this photograph special.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really is a pretty photo because of the lush dark green trees, the vivid blue water and the thin line of clouds across the entire picture. I love the added small strip of beach to the right, the "dots" of boats and the swerve of the boats heading in on the left. betsey

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo. Just reread what Betsey said - my thoughts exactly, :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous photo! The colors are deep and rich and the water and sky are just beautiful! Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all. I am so glad that you like this photograph as much as I do!