Friday, June 12, 2020

Paola, Lucia and Janet


We drove by the hair salon we both use yesterday, and noticed that it was open.  So I called for an appointment for today.  When I arrived I saw Lucia, the owner,  in the center, with Paola on the left in the photo, and Janet on the right, sitting outside with masks on, getting some sun.  What a perfect photograph for our times!  It was so nice to see them all, because it has been more than three months since I have had a haircut!  There were only three of as customers, due to the required spacing.  Usually the salon is full of women and I love all the voices of the ladies talking and chatting.  I guess it must seem strange that I love being here, usually the only guy, but there is such a sense of life here.  I come away with that affirmation, as well as a really nice haircut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a splendid writer you are. You made me wish I could go to your hair salon because of the line "there is such a sense of life here". Not only are you bringing pictures of our everyday lives but also a sense of how life is being lived now. Thank you. betsey

Anonymous said...

So nice that you could get an appointment so quickly. You are a lucky man. It is so different now that they can only service one customer at a time due to distancing customers. It felt so nice to finally get my hair colored and cut this past Tuesday.
Joan