Monday, June 8, 2020

Montauk, NY 11954


Yeah, I used to be a good photographer...  This is one of my favorite shots that I did for my Montauk Zip Code story that never ran in the paper.  It was taken late in the afternoon at Ditch Plains, the favorite beach and surfing spot.   I don't remember anything about doing this shot.  I probably saw these kids with their boards, and told them I was from Newsday, and asked if I could do a portrait.   I just love the warm, soft light in this portrait - the light there is just amazing.  And I love that each of these young men is the perfect archetype of an east end surfer kid!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun and colorful photo of these tan and happy young men. Thank you for brightening my day. You are still a good photographer! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love their happy go lucky smiles, tans, long blond hair. Too bad this didn't run in the paper. I remember Ditch Plains from Philip Graybill's "horse" photos...betsey