Sunday, June 14, 2020

"Mommie! There's a Creepy Guy in the Yard!"


I have a rational explanation for this, I do!  I wanted to fly my drone over the back yard to see how bad the lawn was in terms of poor growth areas.  But it was sunny.  The controller I use for the drone has a clip that holds my small iPhone.  On the iPhone is all the information I need for flight - altitude, speed, control mode, and battery life, and I can see what the drone camera is seeing, and I take the picture with a button on the iPhone.  So in bright sunlight, as you may know, you can NOT see the screen of the phone clearly.  So I thought, "What if I put a black cloth over my head to block the sun?"   It worked PERFECTLY - I could see all the information on the screen of the phone.  But I knew that I looked stupid, so I got one of my cameras so Kathy could take a picture of me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha - I thought you were trying to figure out how to use an "invisibility cloth" like Harry Potter! Actually, i think your idea is brilliant. Glad you had Kathy take a photo :-) betsey

ken schwarz said...

I think a more rational and far less complex method for surveying your lawn for poor growth areas would be to simply walk the yard and examine your grass up close and personal! But I'm stuck in a condo, so what do I know?

Anonymous said...

This made me smile. Very clever. I agree with Ken Schwarz - just walk around, but you are you and take things to a different level. Jenny wanted me to video tape her for a school project and all I could see was the reflection of my nose and mouth in her phone. I just held the camera steady and hoped I would capture her game for her students.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Now that my attempt at humor totally bombed following your e-mail to me which included a aerial photo clearly illustrating a variety problem areas in your lawn; I concede your drone method was a superior alternative to walking the north forty!