Monday, March 7, 2022

Fixer-Upper


This is the garage of G & H Auto in the center of town.  It opened the year we bought our house in Sea Cliff.  This photo was taken in February of 2020 after it closed down after 48 years in business.


It was a pretty beat up building, as you can see.


Here is a night shot which does a better job of showing what the inside of the garage looked like when it was in operation


But now!  Wow!  Workmen have been installing new modern metal windows, repairing the brick work, cleaning and painting both the outside and the inside and paving the parking lot.  I wondered if this was going to be an office for perhaps a new automobile garage.


This is the interior after being completely refurbished!  I saw this scene where the sunlight was pouring in a few days before, and I photographed it but I didn't have the camera with the super wide-angle lens on it, so I didn't get as wide a view.  When I went back when the sun was in the same place in the sky, there was a step ladder in the foreground and I couldn't get a good view without it.  The next time I went back, hoping that the ladder was gone, there were more things inside.  This looks as if it is going to be an art gallery!  I can't wait to see it when it opens!







 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see this building being brought back to life. Keep us posted when the new business moves in.
Joan

Anonymous said...

An art gallery would be great considering all those windows! Keep us posted. betsey