Friday, March 25, 2022

"Something a Bit More Uplifting..."


Ken Schwarz asked for "something more uplifting" the other day, so here it is!  I went to Manhattan last evening to have dinner with four friends.  Two of us met at the fountain in Bryant Park before taking the subway up to the restaurant at 88th street..  I was wearing my bright yellow jacket and when I left the house I grabbed my yellow umbrella that I bought at  the University of Minnesota book store years ago.  When I was waiting for my friend to show up, I thought that it would make a really funny photograph if, all in yellow, I sat by the fountain and had my photograph taken!  So that's what we did!  I hope my silliness brightens you day!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning bright and sunny yellow. This made me smile today.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Now this is a very uplifting photo seeing my old friend in a bright yellow jacket with coordinating yellow umbrella sitting by the fountain at Bryant Park. I remember this spot very well because I worked in a office building for a year or two on 6th Avenue and 41st Street directly across the street from this park. March 2022 marks fifty years since we became friends! We moved to Sea Cliff in December 1971 but it wasn't until one particularly snowy day in March that you walked across the street to introduce yourself as I was shoveling snow. We both had sailboats back then but otherwise hand little money left over for extravagant luxuries like snow blowers! You make me laugh - and that keeps me young!

Anonymous said...

Love this! I certainly was wide eyed when I saw this. I'm so used to seeing you in red jackets that this was a shock! But in a good way :-) Holding the yellow umbrella while smiling really makes this photo special!! betsey