Sunday, March 13, 2022

You Get to Pick


On my walk today, as I got back to Laurel avenue, I happened to notice a crooked line of snow lying down on the sandbar which, because the tide was out, went way down to the harbor. The thing that caught my eye was the nature of the line of snow - it was thick and thin and curved back and forth across the sandbar.  My first reaction was that it looked like a character that an artist would make with a Chinese style brush, because of the curves and the thick and thin.  So I photographed it in what I thought was an interesting way.  So I took the photograph in color, and then as thought about it, I wondered what the photograph would look like in black & white.  And then I took the black & white image and then inverted the tones to a negative.  So that's this image, above.


So this is the image after I converted the color photograph to black & white.


And this is the original image in color.  So you get to pick which of these photographs you like best.  I can't wait to see what everyone thinks!

 

6 comments:

Ron said...

Ken, I love all three photos. I think the original is the best for me. I am curious as to the object in the original that is front and center at the bottom. It looks like a rock. I don’t see it in the other photos.

Anonymous said...

The original photo looks like a sandbar with snow. I love the the first one that you turned into a negative. It does not look like the beach, but it really pops and drew me into it.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I prefer the original in color

ken schwarz said...

Ron has a sharp eye. I too favored the original color photo at first glance but after reading his comment I looked back and noticed that only the third (original) photo shows an object that looks to me as about the size and shape of a half brick. Photo Shopped?

Anonymous said...

I like the first one with the sparkly background and because I'm not sure of the subject matter...betsey

Anonymous said...

I like the original in color with both the sand and the snow. Trace