Thursday, March 10, 2022

Ghost Seascape


I had to run a couple of errands today, and on the way back I decided to drive by the work being done down by Sea Cliff beach, of the shoring up of the cliff where the house on the cliff lost its entire backyard and nearly had its foundation undermined in the giant rainstorm last fall.  I am happy to report that they have made a great deal of progress shoring up the cliff, and I will post on that next.  But when I got to Sea Cliff beach which looks out at Long Island Sound and New Rochelle in the distance I noticed a strange quality to the scene.  The water was absolutely calm and there was a haze over the water that reduced everything to pastel colors.  It was such a beautiful thing to see - I noticed that strange and beautiful quality right away. I photographed this scene a number of ways but this is my favorite,  It was low tide so to the right of center you can see the white stock of a mooring buoy which is usually covered by water at high tide.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful photograph! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Perfect caption. Soft colors and calmness is so different. Beautiful photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Very nice photo. Serene and peaceful. Trace

Anonymous said...

"Ghost Seascape" is the perfect title for this photo. Makes me think of a watercolor picture. So calm and quiet. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am pleased that you find this different kind of photograph as beautiful as I do. I wasn't sure if others would like it, so thanks!