Thursday, March 3, 2022

In Flight


This is funny.  I went for my usual walk today and I happened to bring my new 70-200mm zoom.  I don't always bring it with me because it is a bit heavy, but I brought it today.  I was walking on the sidewalk with the railing at the harbor's edge.  The wind was howling - it was blowing at 25 MPH!  The tide was pretty far out and seagulls were not that far from shore.  They were slowing flying alongside the harbor not far from the sidewalk while carefully looking down at the shallow water, looking for food, I believe.  The wind was so strong that the birds were hovering there almost motionless at times, because with this wind, they did not have to be flying fast to stay airborne!  Lucky me!  So as a bird would go by I would carefully follow it with my telephoto lens, clicking away.  And I was thrilled to get this shot, with the gull looking right at me!  What's funny is that I forgot that yesterday's post was about seagulls as well!  OK so I am now done with bird photos for the next month!  Well, unless I get a good one!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot! He looking at your like "What are doing out on this cold windy day?" Hope you were bundled up.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Cool Shot! The seagull must be thinking: who is that wind-blown guy taking my portrait?

Anonymous said...

Nice shot! Like the closeup photo of the seagull looking right at you! betsey