Tuesday, March 29, 2022

The Strange Parade


This photograph is all about the light on the pedestrians walking toward the camera.  The light is rather strange, almost like a theater spotlight on them.  The source of this light is interesting - it is the sun reflected off the mirrored glass buildings in Hudson Yards that I showed you a photograph of a few days back.  I love that this picture is a bit strange because of the people walking on a sidewalk, but they are walking alongside a railroad track.  Since you all know this is the High Line, you are not surprised by this scene, but if you had never heard of the High Line, this would be a very strange photograph indeed.  I believe incongruous is the word.



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I experienced the High Line in person because this photo does look very strange. Happy to see the flowers blooming! betsey