Friday, March 4, 2022

The Thinnest Crescent Moon

 

Tonight I had a piece of grilled salmon for dinner.  I was standing by the grill in the back yard while cooking and happened to look up and saw this thinnest of crescent moons shining through the trees on the neighbor's property.  I thought it was so beautiful seen this way.  More interesting than to see the crescent in the empty sky.  I love how delicate a crescent moon can be.  It is 2.3 days old, meaning since the time of New Moon.  You need a clear sky to see such a thin crescent and winter is the best time of year to see this.



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I am surprised to see a clear photo of it with all the tree branches filling the sky.
Joan

Anonymous said...

A beautiful moon and the color of the sky is magnificent. I like how the photo captures the roundness of the moon even though so much of it is dark. It was a beautiful, clear winter sky last night. Trace

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you can see that sliver of moon through the branches! betsey