Thursday, May 19, 2022

A Bug's Eye View


Remember that broken wide-angle lens that my friend Grace gave to me to try and fix, and that I did fix?  Broken Lens  Well, it works really well, and in fact, almost perfectly!  So I put it on the camera and took it out on the front lawn late in the day because of the way the sunlight was lighting up the ferns.  Of course when I got there with my camera, the sun was behind clouds.  So I started experimenting.  One of the really cool things about my SONY a7 III is that the LCD display and viewfinder can be folded down from the vertical to the horizontal, so I put the camera deep in the grass, and then looked down at the viewfinder to see what the lens is seeing.  Thus, this "Bugs Eye View" that I did on the sloping part of our front lawn.  Something different for me, at least.  Now if only there were a bug clinging to a blade of grass.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is cool to think you can fold the lens and take a photo with the camera on the ground. It would be nice to have seen a little bug on a blade of grass, but what is the tiny orange bug like thing on the left? Great capture.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I like this shot. What a beautiful shade of green. The grass looks so lush and thick. Makes me want to lie down in your yard and just look up at the sky...betsey