Monday, May 23, 2022

Texture


I climb Ram's Hill Road, which has a short, really steep hill and when I get to the top, which levels off, I stop to write down my time for that checkpoint and have a drink from my water bottle.  I have been doing this part of the route for maybe 4 years.  I have stopped within ten feet of this tree every time!    But yesterday, I stopped in FRONT of the tree.  I was immediately taken with the texture and the subtle colors of this tree trunk.  I guess it had to do with the side lighting that showed the coarse bark to it's best advantage!  I couldn't believe I hadn't seen this before.  So here it is for you, a tree that has been growing here for probably multiple generations of the family whose property this tree is on.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a massive tree trunk! Don't know what kind of tree it is but I do like the texture. betsey