Saturday, May 21, 2022

Look Out! Amateur Chef at Work!

                            

Recently we have started having fried potatoes with some dinners.  Don't panic, they are fried with canola oil so they are healthy.  Kathy made them once and I decided I liked the challenge of cutting the potatoes in perfect cubes.  It took a few tries, but now I am pretty good at making the cubes pretty regular because of the accuracy with which I cut them.  I do enjoy kitchen challenges like this, and they are sure delicious with a meal.  It may be that with this  particular batch, I forgot to add the chipped onions which are an important part of the taste of this dish.  Some chef, he leaves out some of the ingredients!  Wait!  I just looked closely, and the onions are in there.  Whew!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rarely cook potatoes anymore. These look yummy!
Joan

Anonymous said...

I usually roast my potatoes, although mashed potatoes are so good in the winter months. Looks like you did an excellent job cutting your potatoes to a uniform size which is the best way. Kudos! betsey