Sunday, May 29, 2022

Easthampton Fog

                                

One afternoon we drove to the Easthampton Main Beach, and because it was overcast and foggy, there were very few people there.  I love the fog because it makes for really interesting photographs as objects in the distance fade away from the fog.  So I like these three lifeguard towers.  The last one in the distance is barely visible and you can't even see the ocean from here.  There were a few people on the beach, and more photographs about that in later posts.  After wandering around for neatly an hour, I sat on a bench, put my head back, closed my eyes and just felt the cool sea breeze on my face and listened to the waves breaking on the sand.  So peaceful and sublime.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel the inner peace sitting nearby. I hadn't noticed the 3rd stand in the background. I am curious about the piles of sand in front of each stand. Is is for the lifeguards when they jump down from the tower?
Joan

ken schwarz said...

This is truly a wonderful and soothing photo. And to enjoy the sand, waves and ocean air by yourself for a while was surly the frosting on the cake! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Good for you to take advantage of the quiet time, salt air and waves. Beach time! The photo even looks "quiet" because of the fog and soft color tones. Lovely. betsey