Sunday, May 15, 2022

Awaiting Water


I really lucked out in terms of photographs when I went to Glen Cove to see how the eclipse might look the other day.  First I photographed my hand against the sky, then the woman and her dog in the car, and now this - all within 100 feet of each other.  So these are yachts at a small yacht club which have been hauled for the winter months, and which will soon be painted and put back in the water where they belong.  Soon they will be under sail again, looking beautiful, heeled over by the wind, as they silently make their way through the water in that magnificent way that sailboats do.

 

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

I love the sharp focus and all the detail in this classic marine photo of sailboats ready for a coat of bottom paint before being launched for another summer of sailing on Long Island Sound.... and perhaps beyond for some!

Anonymous said...

I love this photo with all the metal "holders" (don't know what they are called) surrounding the sailboats looking very precarious! Plus, all the masts and lines lining up. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both. It was fun for me to see the symmetry of the shapes in this view.