Friday, May 6, 2022

Nightscape and Tree


This scene is on my route home from my astronomy meetings on Wednesday nights.  This is Route 25A in Cold Spring Harbor.  I have seen this tree since we started having in-person meetings of the club about a month ago but I didn't have my SONY a7 camera with me, which is an amazing camera for night photography.  So on Wednesday night, I was ready as I came through here and stopped to photograph the scene.  This is about the tree itself, but the rest of the scene has a nice quality to it, I think.  Not one of my greatest photographs, but I think interesting to look at.

 

5 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Wow! I loved this night scene photo even before enlarging it. The tree almost explodes off the computer screen. Very cool shot!

Anonymous said...

I like the lighting and all the small details in the photo. Even with all the detail, there is a stillness to the photo that I like as well. Trace

Anonymous said...

The lighting on the tree just before the dark bend in the road is intriguing and beautiful. I am curious what kind of tree it is as it appears to have many smaller trunks growing.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Even though this looks like a nice neighborhood photo, it is definitely all about the tree and the lighting. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

I am so glad that all of you saw things in this photo that were subtle and beautiful, and things like the stillness that the image creates. Thank you!