Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Flying in Zero Gravity!


About 10 years ago, I was selected to receive a "Wish of a Lifetime" gift from a organization in Colorado, which grants seniors a wish.  My wish was that I wanted to fly in an airplane that by climbing and diving allows all the passengers to float in Zero Gravity!  I couldn't believe my luck when I was chosen!  So tonight I gave a talk about my experience at my astronomy club.  Don't I look sharp in my Zero-G blue flight suit?  I gave the talk to our club ten years ago, shortly after taking the flight, and thought it was time to do it again.  My talk was well-received, which was really nice.  Here are three photographs from that flight ten years ago!




On the right is my benefactor, Jeremy Bloom who started "Wish of a Lifetime" and who chose me for this flight, which he was also on.  On the left is David, one of the supporters of Jeremy's organization.  So it was really fun to take the flight with both of these people that I had just met. The flight was an astounding experience.





 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that you could enjoy this wild experience and then share it again 10 years later. You don't look 10 years older. I remember the original photos but now I need to hear more of your trip.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I remember being so excited for you to be able to experience Zero Gravity. I'm sure it was wonderful being able to experience all those memories again by sharing with your astronomy group. betsey

Ron said...

I am so happy for you AND so jealous!