Tuesday, May 3, 2022

A Dogwood Tree


On my first bikeride in several days, I passed this Dogwood tree not far from our house.  It just grabbed my attention immediately.  I thought of stopping and riding back and photographing it with my iPhone, but kept going.  On the way to the grocery store after my bike ride, I stopped to photograph it with my SONY Rx 100, which really does a beautiful job, and I always have this camera with me.  We had two beautiful dogwood trees in our yard which came with the house, one next to the garage, and one at the end of the front porch.  The one by the front porch is about gone, but still manages one branch of blooms each year, so I am reluctant to cut it down.  The one by the garage died years ago.  I really miss them because they are so beautiful, and that's why seeing this tree what so meaningful to me.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This tree is gorgeous. I wanted to plant Dogwood Trees on Seaside years ago and was advised they are very prone to disease.
I remember a beautiful pink one across the street.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree. Always nice to see photos of Spring trees and plants with their delicate leaves and pretty colors. betsey