Monday, May 2, 2022

Needs A Little Work


I am attracted to old things, as you know, and I keep driving by this porch almost every day.  You will be surprised by my reaction.  It is not to criticize  the condition of this house.  It reminds me of all the work I need to do around our house!  Fortunately I don't have to do this much work around here.  I did have to rebuild part of our porch by ripping up a lot of the floorboards,  and adding additional floor joists next to the old ones.  Then I added brand new floorboards and painted everything.  That was a lot of work!  So I feel for the people who have to get this porch replaced eventually.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a cute front porch and when fixed would be a nice place to spend time. The tree border is perfect, and I like the yellow, white and red colors together. The photo has a relaxing country feel to it. Trace

ken schwarz said...

From what I see, I'm pretty sure repairing the porch will require much more than sister joists and new flooring material.

Anonymous said...

This nice little porch unfortunately looks so sad now - needs a LOT of work. betsey

1MoWave said...

Not yet dilapidated, but definitely developing character.
SKIP