Tuesday, May 17, 2022

When You Run Out of Creativity...


When you run out of creativity, then try some tricks!  In this case I got my infrared converted old SONY a200 camera out and walked around the property, looking for interesting images shot by infrared light.  This one is pretty interesting for several reasons.  The gnarly, curly branches of this ancient dogwood tree are seen against the green leaves of the Dogwood, which are white in this photo because clorophyl reflects a lot of infrared light.  It is an effect that leaves a mysterious feel to the image, as do the curly branches.  I think this is not a bad shot, trick or not.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The branches are so dark and defined, but the leaves are so light and delicate. A little abstract art.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Yes it is! Abstract art it is, I am sure. It was that crazy kind of zig-zag of the branches that caught my attention.