Thursday, September 29, 2022

Coleus!


We are visiting our friends Dick and Trauti in Massachusetts.  We pulled into their driveway after a four hour drive, and it was overcast.  As we were getting out of the car the sun came out and this magnificent plant lit up the garden just outside their side door!  I couldn't believe how brilliant the color was or how beautiful it is!  Perhaps you know them as painted nettle or poor man’s croton, depending on where you’re located, but for many of us we simply know them as coleus plants (Coleus blumei).  I of course, had no idea what the plant was called so I asked Trauti and then I went online to read about it.  I do love the other names for the plant which I discovered online!  This single plant really brightened my day!



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bright and beautiful for a shade plant! I have only known these plants as Coleus. Had to look up Painted Nettle and also Poor Man's Croton, which looks much different. Learning something new again.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is such an unusual color. It's gorgeous. I also looked up the other plants to see the differences. Thanks for posting this one. Hope you enjoying your visit! betsey