Monday, September 12, 2022

Fifth Avenue Street Scene


On my stroll up Fifth Avenue to the Met I am always looking for photographs along the way.  I never know what I will see and when I see something, sometimes I have to spend time looking at it to see if it is good enough.  But that was not the case with this scene.  I had just crossed the street when I saw this, and I stopped in my tracks!  I only took two frames, but I knew that I had gotten the picture!  I guess it was the three paintings that a street vendor had on display.  I think it was because of this burst of color that stood out from the background.  I actually am taken by the portrait on the top - I believe it is Frida Kahlo, a famous Mexican painter who lived from 1907 to 1954.  I didn't buy it but I did get this photograph!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bright and beautiful colors. I love the couple under the umbrella on the tree lined pathway.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I noticed the face of Frida Kahlo right away. Plus, the photo of the couple under the umbrella which seems familiar. A nice splash of color. Love the stone sidewalk, too! betsey