Sunday, September 18, 2022

The Strand Kiosk at Central Park


  The Strand, the largest independent bookstore in New York City is really famous.  Established in 1927, it is now in its third generation of family ownership. I used to go there all the time, and it was always dangerous in terms of my wallet and my back.  I would promise myself to only buy one or two books and I would leave with a bag of 6 or 7 heavy art or photography books, all at half price!  The main store is at Broadway and 12th street, downtown.  They also have this kiosk on Fifth Avenue and they have a lot of books there which they put out on tables.


I had to stop, of course, and browse a few titles on the tables, before I continued on to the Met.  I am always SO tempted to buy some of the books about New York City, because I don't have enough books at home already!  Yeah as if!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great that The Strand has books for half price! So tempting to buy books. Something that I used to do. Now I get all my books from the library! betsey