Saturday, September 3, 2022

Hardest Worker on the Planet


OK, so this post will be all over the place!  I am like that sometimes!  I was mowing the lawn and wonder of wonders I saw a Monarch butterfly!  I was thrilled.  But it was flying away from the garden and I had no chance to photograph it.  But I was thrilled, what with the terrible loss of the population of these magnificent insects, here was one in the side yard!  It had been on this Sedum plant, so that's a good sign.  Just in case, I grabbed my camera and put a close up lens on it. Then I noticed that the plant was swarming with honeybees!  So that's what I had to photograph.  I kept at it with my camera, but these industrious workers move so quickly and fly from blossom to blossom SO fast that it is not even funny.  Then my thoughts switched to the importance of bees, in terms of pollinating EVERYTHING that we need to survive as a species, and I was doubly impressed thinking that, and then seeing how hard these insects work!  It is something to behold and to contemplate!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flower and great shot with the honey bee. They are so important in pollinating everything and we all need to be reminded of this.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Great shot. But your reminder of how important bees are to all of us is even better...betsey