Sunday, September 4, 2022

"I'm Going to go Out to Look for a Blog Post..."


 I am finding it difficult to come up with blog posts these days.  I am not going anywhere and I am not walking in the heat (or riding my bike when it is over 80 degrees.) So it is hard to come up with photographs.  So I knew I was out of pictures I had taken and saved and could be used for the blog.  So I got my camera and put a macro lens on it, for close ups, and told Kathy I was going outside to look for a blog post.  I got to the front steps and then looked over at the garden to my right and saw the decorative grasses.  So I thought I would start there.  This is one of the "things" that grows on the end of the stalks, and we usually see them from the side.  They look like white versions of caterpillars.  Only in my explorations I tried photographing this thing from the end.  Wow!  It was difficult because I was really close to it and the wind was blowing it around gently, but I finally managed to get a photograph that was in focus and not blurred by motion. What an astounding thing this is to see in close up!  Even when I was photographing it was hard to see the delicate structure of the plant.  But when I opened the full resolution image on my computer, I was once more absolutely stunned by the beauty of nature.  And just outside my front door!  If anyone would like me to send them the full resolution of the photo, please email me.  You won't be disappointed!


This is a view of the plant that I photographed.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the ornamental grasses; especially the Pennisetum plant in your photo. (had to look it up!) The first photo is astounding! betsey