Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Thunderstorm!


I was awakened at about 5AM by the flash of lightning, and then as time went on, I began to hear thunder.  Before too long the rain started, and it was a deluge!  I went back to bed but then the thunder and lighting grew more frequent and louder. So I got my camera and did this photograph of the neighbor's trees illuminated by their security light.  Because of all the rain, you can see things looking foggy.  It all tapered off and was over in about half an hour, and I went back to bed.  Below is the radar image of the storm.  Sea Cliff is the location of the blue dot, and you can see that we were under the worst of the storm at one point.  Maybe our dead grass will start growing again!


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The top photo looks really cool! Since we have had rain, the lawns are looking green and full - lovely sight. There is hope! betsey