Saturday, March 2, 2024

A Bit of Rain...


So I am trying to redeem myself with today's post, by showing you a "real" photograph, with an interesting subject in a lovely blue color, and a nice composition.  I went to the grocery store late today to get some salad fixings, and then decided to drive down to the harbor on the north beach, instead of the beach at the end of our street.  I loved the fog and the indistinct landscape in the distance, and the the old fashioned lamps made it perfect.  When I looked at the first picture that I took, I was surprised by the blue color!  Our eyes are always adjusting to the light level and the color, but the camera sees what is sees, and the blue is perfect!


But, since I am always continuing to look, I saw this view to the east, and played with that in terms of composition.  I think this photograph is more of a documentary style, as compared with just a landscape in the first image.  I can't decide which is the better photograph.  It may be the first one, but this has a bit more interest with the car headlights way off in the distance.  So it is time for all of you to vote!  Do you like the first (top) photo best, or this one?  I am dying to know!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the view of second photo better. It seems more clear letting the fending and light posts shine more.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Though both photos are great, I like the second photo better. I like the extra detail in the photo, like the distant lights on the shore, the car headlight and the dock. It's a pretty scene. Trace

Anonymous said...

I like both Photos but do agree with Trace’s assessment. There is more interest in your second photo….🌂💦🦊

Anonymous said...

I prefer the top photo because it looks so dark and dreary and isolated. Works for a rainy day. Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

This is so great! Thank you all for voting. And you are all right. Each photograph has a separate sense to it and I get the reasons for the difference in choices. And you are all right, and I still can't decide, but as they say in horse racing, I would pick Number 1 by a nose! Thank you all!

ginger said...

#1 by a nose, because of the sky