Saturday, March 9, 2024

I Must be Desperate


You are going to think I am doing too much naval gazing after reading all this.  It probably looks as if I am desperate for photographs, which may be true as well.  I pass arrows like this at the entrance to Tappan Beach, the Dunkin' on Tuesday beach.  I think of these arrows as graphic elements and I have photographed them a lot, trying to see if I can make in interesting composition that is interesting out of one of these.  I think of them as two-dimensional objects, because they are.  Paint on the pavement.


But when I looked that this view of the arrow on another day with a bit of late afternoon sunlight shining on the really thick coats of paint accumulated over the years, I realized there was a three-dimensional quality to the arrow because of the paint thickness.  Suddenly the arrow became something different to me.  3-D instead of 2-D.  What does all that mean?  Nothing really except  change in perception of something I have literally seen a thousand times.  But please click on each photo to see what I am talking about.  Thanks.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And all I can think of is- you are going the wrong way! You are not following the direction of the arrow. LOL
Joan