Thursday, March 21, 2024

Shootout at the OK Corral


Last night's astronomy meeting was one of our quarterly parties where we have the whole evening to talk with each other and eat chips and desserts.  This time of year the party celebrates the "Vernal Equinox" which heralds the arrival of Spring.  So here is a photo of me, taking a photo of the photographer who is photographing me, and I am outside my jail cell, which you can see in the background...   :-)  The orange light is my camera focusing on the person taking my photo.


This is Victoria and she and her parents are members of our club.  I have known them all for about three years.  She is a senior in high school and a brilliant violinist who has won musical competitions. Her mom wanted to get a photograph of us together.  Notice I have my camera up, so I could shoot a photograph of her!


So then she was photographing me and se were having a shootout!


I am not sure who won, but we ended up laughing.  Victoria and her mom are really great iPhone shooters, and they are shooting all the time, like last night!


Here is a photograph of the whole family.  So they had some exciting news for me. Victoria has been accepted at and will be attending Yale University next year!  She will be studying Astrophysics!  She is such an astounding student and a brilliant musician.  I am so happy for them all.  What was funny was when they said "Yale University in New Haven."  I said "I was born in New Haven!



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun photos! Wonderful news for Victoria and her family. Small World.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun post! Glad they let you out of jail :-) Love seeing all the smiles in the photos. Exciting news for Victoria. Betsey